Saturday 26 April 2014

Ancillary Text - Record Label

Record Label


Shown above is my final product of the record label logo which I had created. Whilst creating this, I had other record labels images in mind which normally featured a bold and simplistic type of format. This, in most cases, was when the label was very well established and maintained a professional appearance. As a result of this, my main inspiration for the appearance of the logo was Universal; one of the largest major record labels in the world. Their logo is recognized everywhere in both the music and film industry as their conglomerate runs successfully throughout the two fields. Because of this noticeable imagery, I used the image of a globe as the background for the logo to create 'Worldwide Records', the name of the label came to mind whilst editing the picture. 

The first step I made upon creating this image was searching for a clipart picture of the world. I wanted this to be 2-dimensional so that there was not too much to focus on, keeping the simplistic approach. The image that I found took a lot of cropping and changing of colour so that it was a simple black and white picture in the background. I did not want too much colour so that it maintained a professional appearance and allowed the font type to stand out from the rest. When deciding which font to use, I looked at my initial research which I had done to establish which was most appropriate to maintain this professional appeal. Although a lot of labels simply used images without text, I found it appropriate to state the initials of the label on the logo for a bigger sense of recognition seperate to Universal; I did this in burgandy writing to make the initials 'WW' more bold. The positioning of the initials was to convey the sense of the letters being across the world meaning that the label is spread worldwide. As I had used Adobe Photoshop, I felt as if there was a lot that I would be able to do with this image although the element of keeping it simple was essential. The final touch which I made to the record label logo was inserting  a line underneath the top 'W' to match the two together and connote a sense of being connected with the labels audience. 




No comments:

Post a Comment